[Shop-talk] need a new router

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Fri Apr 3 11:03:08 MDT 2020

I’ve been very happy with routers from MikroTik. Not well known here but have been around for many years. I’ve used them for about 15 years. They started as a supplier for ISPs.

I use their RB951ui-2HnD router. High power WiFi (1000 mW) & 5 cat-5 10/100 ports. $70 on Amazon. I had trouble with them sending old stock that didn’t have a warranty but have great luck with ispsupplies.com.

It comes configured but has lots of flexibility if you need something out of the ordinary.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

> On Apr 3, 2020, at 11:38 AM, Tim . via Shop-talk <shop-talk at autox.team.net> wrote:

This working from home has proven to me that I finally need to replace my very old router.

I don't want to have to go shopping for it but also know that my computer knowledge is dated and not even close to being up to date.

So, I need recommendations for a good home router that will be easy to configure.

I am pretty sure that I can get up to 100MB speed from our ISP so want to try to take advantage of that since both my wife and I are both working from home.

Thanks
stay healthy
tim

Shop-talk at autox.team.net