[Shop-talk] sound bars, older flat screens, not that big of an audiophile and OT

Tim . tims_datsun_stuff at outlook.com
Fri Mar 27 08:54:45 MDT 2020

Thanks guys.

________________________________
From: Shop-talk <shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net> on behalf of Tim . via Shop-talk <shop-talk at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 5:13 PM
To: Shop Talk <shop-talk at autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] sound bars, older flat screens, not that big of an audiophile and OT

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

I have a Sharp Aquos flat screen that is on borrowed time. A friend bought the same exact size and model about the same time we did and his died three or so years ago. I assume mine is still alive because we turn off the power filter every night.

Anyway, while the flat screen still works and the picture is still decent (I just try VERY HARD to not compare it to the modern flat screens), the audio is getting bad about a quick as my hearing.

I have a Bose speaker system, 301s, 701s and a sound bar, that I can feed from my stereo. But, the stereo really needs to be replaced and the remote for it is dead. So, I can either buy a universal remote which I don't want to do for an outdated receiver, or I can try to feed the sound bar direct from the TV.

My issue is, the sound bar is proper wires into pinch connectors and the TV is RCA jacks.

Am I over thinking this or can I simply take and RCA cable and cut the female end off and put the wires into my sound bar? Or should I but an adapter? I am looking for cheap-ish since at some point I'll have to buy a new flat screen that will hopefully be able to feed my speakers properly.

Thanks
stay healthy
tim