[Shop-talk] Re-adhering ceramic tiles?

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Sun Mar 29 11:40:15 MDT 2020

My house settled after a major remodel and some 12x24 ceramic tiles have popped up along a line. But only one side of them. If I try and pry them up it's clear they're on a slight hump and only one side of the hump let go. They only move enough to keep cracking the grout and make a hollow sound if I tap on them- maybe 1/16 of an inch.

Is there a product that will get in there through the grout channels that will stabilize the tiles? I'd rather not go through doing it the right way of lifting the whole tile and laying it as a new one.

thanks,
jim