[Shotimes] what about a 540?

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:22:22 -0500

You're implying that's typical maintenance costs?  I don't think so!

According to my handy-dandy Excel spreadsheet, my SHO has cost me the
following over the past six years:

$794 for 60k stuff (including a $500 60k service from Performance Plus)
$352 for miscellaneous sensors (CID, TPS, IAB, Oxygen, D4U1, etc.)
$192 for brakes (including two replacement calipers, pads, rotors, etc.)
$370 for suspension/steering stuff (tie rod ends, end links, motor
mounts, subframe bushings)
$570 for cooling system (including a new radiator, water pump, t-stats,
etc.)
$460 for miscellaneous parts (starter, alternator, coil pack)
$335 for fluids (including oil, coolant, brake, power steering, etc.)

Grand total:  $3073

Not too bad, considering this is six whole years of maintenance.  Also,
for the first 4 years, all labor (except oil changes) was done by others
and the cost is included in these figures, so this is more than just
parts prices.

Let's not even consider the outrageous $9k I paid for it six years (and
80k miles) ago!

Later,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 163k miles