[Shotimes] Re: Sold my 94SHO.

BJamesjr@aol.com BJamesjr@aol.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:52:27 EST

> >the best offer I got for my 96 last summer with 52,000 miles was $4000

>> Just so you know.. The NADA book says 7450 loan and 10000 retail. You then >
> add about another 650 in options.

I don't think market value is quite that high though.  I bought a very clean
97 with 62k miles for $8k.  Shortly after that I saw a very similar one sell
in my area for the same price.

There are enough of them on ebay that after awhile you can get a feel for the
actual market value.  You have to knock out the low bids that never reach
reserve, and also the ones with a reserve that is too high.  The ones in the
middle are what you can expect for market value.  What the book says is
market value doesn't mean anything unless you find somebody to buy it for
that.  Likewise a smartalec that offers $4k is not establishing market value
at $4k.