[Shotimes] Bolt Extractor Kits

Tony Fratzke tfratzke@hotpop.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:30:48 -0600

I agree...EZ-OUTS don't work. If a bolt is frozen, 9 times out of 10 you
sure as hell won't get it out with an EZ-OUT. And when IT breaks, have
fun. Extractors will rip through your average drill bit like
butter...not fun.  Drilling and re-tapping is probably a better bet.

Tony 93 ATX

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of James White
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 10:11 PM
To: Shewitt5656@cs.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Bolt Extractor Kits

I and several others on this have never had any good luck with bolt
extractors.  They simply break off in the broken bolt and make that much
harder to drill out.

Some one suggested a left hand drill bit, which makes much more sense.
Drilling the broken piece until the bit grabs and just maybe unscrews
it.
In the worst case you will have to re-tap the hole and use the next
larger
size bolt.

regards. Jim White - greensho@crown.net