[Shotimes] (OT) Spy pics of 2005 Mustang

John Phillis jphillis68@hotmail.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:27:48 -0500

hmmm....  I could do one of two things, either kick some engineer in the
testicles for blowing up Lee Iacoca's body lines so far out of proportion
that evoking retro feel becomes hard, and the mustang is more of a BMW
looking car than a real american pony car.

or, I could hope and wish that somehow they will do it right, and make
something worthy of owning.

here, compare these two photos..

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/s197/AutomobileMag2004mustang.jpg

with...

http://www.geocities.com/elcamino_1972/mustang.html

if the 2005 looks anything like this sketch, then yes, I will be the first
one in line to order mine in blue, so that my 1968 coupe doesn't get lonely.

if they make it look too foreign(how the trend seems to be pushing) then I
am out. I might as well just go buy a volvo or something, because I don't
like driving around in a box.  I used to make fun of Mr. Bean in his little
cooper, with the yellow paint and flat black hood, and now, someone in my
neighborhood has a mini-cooper, with a similarly ugly paint job, and he paid
big $$$  for that piece of scrap.

what isthe world coming to?    I guess I am just gonna have to dump $1500
into my 1965 fairlane, and get it pretty watertight and air tight adn use it
for a daily driver.  oh the insanity.

sorry for the big OT rant about not a SHO, but hey, since they stopped
making SHO's, any new Ford is something to fuss over.

Ford P*ssed me off dumping the SHO, and if they do anything ugly to the
mustang now, then I am out for a while.  of course, I said the same thing in
1974, and then again in 1979, and then again, in 1987... and then in 1999...
  so I am slowly getting used to this but it might take me another 30 years
to get over a foreign looking mustang.

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry

I'll stop rambling...

John Phillis