[Shotimes] Re: D.Potter, you did not beat a Z06 with your SHO !!!

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:37:23 -0500

I have decided to jump in here...

History: my dad had a 93 vette 6 speed
Now has 02 camaro SS 6 speed and 99 vette 6 speed

The LS1's? Forget about it; I wouldn't even try. (actually, now that I
think about it, I did once, just for fun..the driver was very surprised
and we chatted a bit at the next light..cool guy)

The LT1? Not off the line, but at highway speeds and in the right gear,
the SHO will give an older stock vette a run for its money (depending on
the tune and upkeep of each car)..It's not easy, but its possible.

The earlier LT1 camaro's could never keep up with me on the highways;
that motor didn't have much top end. AFAIK, the L98 was more of a torque
monster and had a lot of low end grunt; it had a lot less top end than
the LT1 did. My friend's Camaro with a fresh 350 lost ground to my
friend's Maxima at highway speeds and that Maxima loses ground to me at
highway speeds..FWIW, that particular Camaro is in the 13's with trap
speeds over 100 (obviously)

Of course, these are my own experiences...I am sure others will vary..I
am not implying that the SHO is a vette-killer; I definitely acknowledge
that it does have its limits.

Is it common to break the crank in the L98? What was the determined
cause?

Ian
Ex 94 ATX
93 MTX