[Shotimes] Drag Racing

Jonathon Beisler JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:21:02 -0500

You know, all you guys talking about smoking vettes and camaro's got me all excited about the idea of taking on some other car.  But since I am new to the SHO, I thought that I would take on an easy target, so I dragged the AWA away from the kids, got her in the minivan and told her what I wanted to do.  She may be a woman, but hey, I figured it's a Mazda MPV.  "Raised at Laguna Seca" and all that Mazda marketing.  200 hp Ford motor, it would be fair, right?  Zoom ZOOM!
So, we get out to the light, a nice straight away, not too far from the house, wait for the green light and GO!  I stomped on it, she stomped on it and bam we were off.  And I couldn't believe it.  She was pulling ahead!  The damn Mazda must have laid rubber for sixty feet!  Boy that woman can drive....  Oh well, I guess I need some NOS and a turbo!  That'll show her!
Anyway, I'm just kidding.  I really enjoy watching you guys banter back and forth.  Takes the dullness out of the job.
Thanks, and take care.
Jon B.