[Shotimes] Re: Dynomax mufflers bit the dust

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:11:05 -0500

I agree..I am not gonna touch my catback until I have money to throw at
it...and then again, I may not..OEM is good enough for me right now...

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Dave Kegel
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 5:04 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Dynomax mufflers bit the dust

I see so many people say this and I don't get it.  It's called, "You get
what you pay for".  What you should really be saying is "Never buying
cheap non-stainless mufflers again".  The fact that they are Dynomax has
nothing to do with it.  In fact, for the price, they sound very good and
flow pretty well.  If you want mufflers that last a long time, you have
to buy stainless.

The thing that cracks me up is that people hack off the stock stainless
SHO system that will last 200k miles or so and replace it with cheap
aluminized stuff, and then complain that it rusts out.  They should have
left it alone to begin with.

Dave Kegel