[Shotimes] Lost MPG related to hard start?

Erik Balser masho95@attbi.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:49:02 -0500

Well recently every now and then I've had some problems starting the SHO
cold.  Cranks over and over but won't start... a guy from came up to me and
said it sounded like the engine was flooded.  So he told me about how if you
floor the accelerator on startup with EFI cars it should shut down the fuel
from being added to ignition.  So I started the car with the accelerator
down to the floor and it started right up after a second or two.  Also my
MPG has dropped significantly from something like 350-360 miles per tank, to
something more like 300 miles per tank if I'm lucky.  Just wondering if
there might be something wrong with the way the fuel is being regulated
during running, so that the MPG would drop so much... Possibly the fuel
pressure regulator?  Is there any way to test it? Thanks!

'95 MTX
masho95
http://home.attbi.com/~masho95