[Shotimes] (OT) Why can't we get them here?

Don McKinnon (AST) dmckinnon@asttechlabs.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:48:23 -0500

Great sounding car isn't it!  I posted a message about this car a few months
back, 390 HP & 384 ft/lb TQ with no supercharger.  Ford can use the 5.4l
DOHC motor in a car outside the US but not here to match up with the GM 5.7l
motor in the corvette/old Camaro/FB.  SHOtimes then got into a discussion
about CAFE which is still bs if you ask me!

I like this statement "The Boss 290 was developed right here in Australia by
Ford Performance Vehicles for our unique requirements and to meet the rising
demands of a new breed of Aussie V8 drivers."  Jeez, Aussies must be raised
differently then us here in the USA, they like TQ and Top-end HP too but it
seems a lot more of it!

When Chevy brings out the SSR or whatever its called next year Ford should
stomp it with the Pursuit Ute!
http://www.fordperformancevehicles.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.184

Don McKinnon
95 MTX - White/Mocha 89k miles