[Shotimes] Re: Snow/Cooling fan problem - 1995 MTX

James White greensho@crown.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:40:17 -0600

In all of the time I have owned and driven my SHOs, almost 10 years, I have
never had a problem with snow clogging the fan or radiator.  I live and work
in the snow belt.  Drive from just outside of Chicago to Cities like
Milwaukee, Green Bay, Wausau, Minneapolis, Fargo, Sioux Falls, Omaha, Kansas
City, St. Louis, and Springfield.  Lots of ice and snow, but no problems
with snow jamming up into the motor.  Maybe the bras help keep it out?

My old Volvo had a problem.  Snow would come up into the motor and hold the
throttle linkage open, unless the the radiator shade was pulled up.

The '93 MTX overheated several times over the years, but no harm has seemed
to come of it.  Don't fix it if it isn't broke.  The rod bearings are also
likely going, but I don't
have the time to replace those or the ones on the '95MTX.  But the 3.2
project is important, so the AWA can be lead to believe that it needs to be
done ;-)

Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   276k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   227k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO