[Shotimes] Fw: It's time!!-From Larry Eck SHOWAHT9

Timothy Wright twright@one-eleven.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:39:09 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: SHOWHAT9@aol.com
To: V8sho@v8sho.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 6:53 PM
Subject: It's time!!-From Larry Eck SHOWAHT9

  This afternoon, the Law firm of Edelman, Combs & Latturner, LLC filed a
three count complaint Against Ford Motor Company. The complaint cites three
counts all centering on Consumer Fraud. It will seek to identify a class of
parties that have been/will be injured as a result of this alleged fraud.
  The complaint has been assigned Case number 02 CH 22086 and was filed in the
Circuit Court of Cook County Illinois, County Department, Chancery Division.
  The complainants are Larry Eck, of Wheaton, IL, and Timothy Wright, of
Decatur, IL.
  For information regarding Edelman, Combs, & Latturner please see: Home Page
, or if you are link challenged go to www.edcombs.com.
  A Journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. This is what this
is, nothing more. It will be a long, tedious, and at times frustrating one to
travel, but if we continue to do nothing, that is what we can expect in
return, nothing.
  I believe I can speak for Tim as well on this. We have no expectation of
outcome. We do know this - Ford will fight, they will try to discredit the
claims that we will bring to bear, they will use every wiggle technique known
to modern law.
  All those who have been a part of the V8 community as well as those
unsuspecting owners have a reason to want to see this through.
  Ford has, over the years, been trying to tell us individually that this is a
rare happening and it's "your fault." We know better.
  Are there other issues we could fight about? You bet. Of all that are on the
table right now it was decided that this was the best one to take on. Should
the opportunity present itself you better believe we will do our best to slip
in the ATX matter. But we must stay both focused and unified in our approach
to this matter.
  I committed to Tim and the other members of the "Cam Group" when I
volunteered my assistance that I would get this done.
  It is done.
  We now will wait and watch as this works its way through the Circuit Court
system.
  For informational purposes only, we are filing this way to pre-empt statute
of limitation issues that they may attempt to bring into play. My goal was and
is still to cover every V8 GENIII whether first owner, third owner, or fifth
owner.
  As developments unfold you can rest assured your best sourced will be
www.V8SHO.Com.
  As quickly as news becomes available, it will be disseminated.
  Thanks to all who have offered assistance, you may very well be called upon
when the time is at hand.
  Now if the rest of you don't mind, I'm going to have a celebratory Beverage
- perhaps we all should hoist a silent glass!

  Larry Eck
  97 Red
  Mods