[Shotimes] climate control stuck on high

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:25:41 -0600

Dave,

I suspect your Blower Speed Control Module may be faulty.  When this module fails, it can exhibit a number of symptoms, the most
common of which is that the blower runs at full speed no matter what you set at the ETAC head unit.

When your system blows out of the defrost/panel/floor openings, that indicates the vacuum-operated dampers are working correctly
under the direction of the ETAC head.  The blend door is another matter.  When it fails, the blend door stays where it last was set.
In my case, that meant full heat.  The diagnosis for blend-door motor failure is an ETAC self-test.

John Vitamvas posted some text and photos on the SHO Forum about his work in repairing Blower Speed Control Modules.  I downloaded
that info and can pass it along if you wish.  If you can swap modules with a healthy SHO (well, any Taurus LX or Sable LS with
ETAC), that will help confirm the diagnosis.

Joseph van Oss