[Shotimes] Suspension/steering question +extras

Jeremy Grimm forge_monkey@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:09:46 -0500

Hey guys.

I just replaced the clutch in the 89. I upgraded to the 9 3/4 flywheel and
what not.

But after I reassembled things I noticed that my handling has decreased. The
torque steer seems worse, bump steer seems to have increased, and the car
feels like it pops off the ground more readily than it used to when I hit
bumps in the road (specially under moderate to hard accel).

The other thing that I have noticed is that the car does not like to shift
into 1st and 2nd as smoothly as it used to. I have to push the stick much
farther to the left before it slides in smoothly. There is not grinding or
thunking when I put it in gear, it just is hard to move the shifter into
place. Is there some way of adjusting this? Aside from getting a rod shifter
(which is in planning stages but wont happen till sometime this summer).

Have I broken something or missed something? Or am I just need to get used
to having a strong clutch.

Lastly how can you tell if your MAF needs to be recalibrated? My SHO now
gives me a solid CE light when I take my foot off the gas at speeds over 60
and I am not sure why. It didn't do this before I replaced the heads and
Cams...Now it had stage 1 cams in it when I had the chip programed by T.
Breaux...and I put stage 1's back in it after the others got "eaten", do I
need to sendthe chip back to get "fixed"?

Sorry for the barrage of questions...

Thanks for the assistance...

-Jeremy Grimm
89 Lt. Titanium SHO
66k Org miles
77mm MAF,
Upgraded flywheel to 9 >. and replaced Clutch 2k mi ago.
60k maintanence done 4k mi ago.
High Flow Heads, Hyperformance Stage 1 cams,
Hypertech underdrive pulleys,
155ltr/hr fuel pump, LPM,
Eibach springs, Tokico struts,
Hi-Flow Y-pipe, Dynomax Catback exhaust,
17" TSW EVO wheels, Bridgestone Potenza 225/45 ZR17s.