[Shotimes] My Nickle and Diming Sho

Ron Nottingham nottingham@alltel.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:28:58 -0500

Don't know if this could be your cause or not, but my '90 was getting hard
to start a while back (last summer, I think).  It would take it a couple
tries to get it going.  Starter seemed to be fine.  This went on for 2-3
weeks, then the starter died.  I replaced the starter, and it stopped the
hard starting.

YMMV, but this is my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathon Beisler" <JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com>

> Okay guys,
> Now I have another problem.  I was watching the "She starts when she wants
to" thread as my car is doing something similar.  When I start the car,
whether it is hot or cold, it usually won't start on the first crank.  I
normally have to stop cranking, and then start over.  I don't have to crank
it for a long time the first time, just a second or two and then I stop and
start again.  It will usually start right up then.  Recently, I have been
having to do it more than twice.  Could this be something easy like a sensor
or might my starter be going bad.  Anyone had similar problems?  Haven't run
the codes yet and I know I need to, but any suggestions before I get started
again would be appreciated.