[Shotimes] C&D Article - Focus w/ Quaife!

John Miller jem@milleredp.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:20:00 -0800

> Probably the same reason that you only could get a Cosworth Escort (320
> HP & allwheel drive) is because they race them there.

No, it's because the Focus RS is just on $30K in Europe (depending on the
tax regime of the country involved) and I suspect Ford doubts whether they
can sell an expensive small car in the US.

About its closest competitor is the Subaru WRX, which is similar in price
and sells just fine over here, despite Subaru's remarkable devotion to
hiring blind designers.

The Ford is still FWD-only, but the Quaife helps compensate for that.

John.