[Shotimes] Hood question

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 13:44:45 -0600

Jim,

Check out my page on the SHO plus on SHOclub.com  It is the
best explanation of the car to date.

http://shoclub.com/SHO%20History/shoplus.html

Things to look for at the 24V DOHC badges on the front
fenders, the black B and C pillars, the body color TAURUS
badge on the trunk and as you note, the body color mirrors.

Also we think that the Plus was the only '91 SHO to get
bright trim around the windows.

The plus hood was plastic, and would break before wrinkling.
  Some Plus cars had hoods come apart (delaminate between
the inner and outer parts) and they were usually replaced
with steel hoods when owners found out the cost of the
plastic one!

Some plus cars were re-created, and many spoilers on the
back of SHO's are aftermarket.  The stock one has NO CHIMSL
in it, and sits on the deck lid, there are no posts it sits
on, and it is only about 4-5" wide, about 2-3" tall.  Very
modest, and looks almost exactly like the spoiler found on
ALL SHO's from '93 on, except they have the CHIMSL in them.

Don Mallinson
SHO Club