[Shotimes] Hood question

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:35:46 -0500

Because of the rarity, the possibility of a wreck (even a minor one), and
the delamination thing. Doesn't seem we've heard of many (any?)
delaminations in the last few years, so maybe it's OK. Pieces like the
Police grill could be replicated (yeah, I know it's not stock, but they look
good!), but I would doubt that the Plus hood would ever be replicated by
anyone due to the cost for such a low volume.

Since it is such a rare piece, it could be worth saving. Also, IMHO, the
hood just doesn't look different/unique enough for an outside visual (it's
more noticeable in the car).

If I were to bet on SHO futures, and which SHO would be worth the most $$$
10 years from now, my money is on the '91+ cars. In that vein, it seems
worth it to me to preserve the unique Plus parts.

True, ten pounds is ten pounds, but I wouldn't factor that into the
consideration. Besides, a Cincy SHO hood is probably much lighter than
either of the SHO factory hoods.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2002 11:44 PM
To: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Hood question

Why do that?  The plus hood won't dent like a regular one,
and we know it is ligher, and even if only 10 pounds, that
is worth NOT having on the car (the weight).  Only reason I
can think of that you would take it off the car is to make
sure it wasn't at risk in a wreck?  Only a few delaminated
early in the run, that I know of, most of the later ones
were fine, and the replacement hoods like the one I got,
don't seem to have any problem.

Don Mallinson