[Shotimes] Almost death by SUV

BJamesjr@aol.com BJamesjr@aol.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:09:49 EST

>The manual for my wife's '99
>Rodeo (which isn't even a "big" SUV) reminds the owner that SUV's "do not
>handle or brake like an ordinary vehicle" and "have a high center of gravity
>for off-road use".

I don't think people will ever catch on to this.  There are countless deaths
every year that could be prevented if they were driving an ordinary car
instead of an SUV.  No telling how many deaths could be prevented if every
car was as capable and responsive as an SHO.  Just a couple of months ago we
had an accident here in the city where some teens were driving a big SUV,
tried to swerve on the freeway, rolled the thing and killed several of them.
Just yesterday I was sitting in the local "fast lube" waiting on my car to be
inspected and overheard a woman telling another person about her daughter
totalling her 2002 pickup the first day she drove it.  Again she tried to do
something with the car and it couldn't do it so she lost control.  In
situations similar to the 2 above the SHO would have just done what the
driver asked without any problems.  The result- 2 fewer accidents and several
fewer deaths.