[Shotimes] Problem resolution "running on 2 cylinders"

Derrick Schmidt dschmidt@hsc.usc.edu
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:07:55 -0800 (PST)

For anyone that may give a ____:

At the risk of jinxing it, today makes two weeks since I've had my problem
of the car running horribly.

Went back to the SHO Shop and it was actually doing "it" when I got there.
Computer still threw the same codes.  Vadim stuck his head under the hood
for a couple of minutes.  Replaced the DIS.  No charge for the labor (~1.5
hrs of fiddling) or the part.

My gas mileage even went up a couple of MPG (even though there's a
significant amount of stop & go).

Anyway, for now, it's no longer a parts car.  That means I "get to" put in
the rebuilt brake booster (any tips?, do's?, don'ts?) and the rebuilt
steering pump & hoses I have acquired.

Derrick