[Shotimes] Mid-engine, SHOgun type Q's

Zoltan nd4spdsho@cox.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:44:02 -0500

I'm not sure if this would work or not, if it did it'd be real funky, but
you could reverse the shift pattern.  First gear would be where 2nd is, 3rd
where 4th is 4th where 3rd is, get my drift?

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Ron Nottingham
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 12:33 PM
To: SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Mid-engine, SHOgun type Q's

Ok, y'all, I was doing some brain engineering about a mid-engine, SHOgun
type car.  I was thinking of using either a mid-80's Escort GT or an EXP for
the donor (doubt I will actually do the project, as my mind moves through
projects faster than my body can do them).  So, I got the car engineered,
except for one tiny detail...  Just how would one connect the shifter to the
gearbox?  I though about using cables, but wouldn't they bind or something?
Just wondering how anyone else contemplating a project such as this solved
this problem.  Anyone on the list have an actual SHOgun?

Thanks!!!!
Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO