[Shotimes] Mid-engine, SHOgun type Q's

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:42:15 -0600

I have always dreamed of dropping a Yamahammer into an Escort. Talk about a sleeper. They're pretty light and came with the MTX-III, so I wouldn't imagine there would be too much hacking involved.

Converting one to mid engine and RWD is a completely different story, though.

Justin Schick - '92 SHO cruising around KC MO
187k and yes, it needs another clutch
SHOTimes list info: http://www.shotimes.com/SHO1.html

>>> "Ron Nottingham" <nottingham@alltel.net> 12/18/02 11:33AM >>>
Ok, y'all, I was doing some brain engineering about a mid-engine, SHOgun
type car.  I was thinking of using either a mid-80's Escort GT or an EXP for
the donor (doubt I will actually do the project, as my mind moves through
projects faster than my body can do them).  So, I got the car engineered,
except for one tiny detail...  Just how would one connect the shifter to the
gearbox?  I though about using cables, but wouldn't they bind or something?
Just wondering how anyone else contemplating a project such as this solved
this problem.  Anyone on the list have an actual SHOgun?

Thanks!!!!
Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO