[Shotimes] Brake Parts - '95 MTX

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:50:24 -0600

Front and rear are substantially different. Rears have parking brake stuff
built in and are smaller.

On the fronts, I believe the SLO and SHO are different. One has a phenolic
(plastic) piston and the other doesn't. I believe the SHO calipers are the
same as the police ones but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

I do not know if the rear is different between SLO and SHO. If I recall,
SLO's have rear drums.

When they replaced your rear caliper, did they replace the slide pins as
well? Those are usually what lock up.

As for the rust, I believe the factory calipers have a coating of some sort
that retards rust while most cheap rebuilders would remove the coating and
not re-apply it so they would rust quicker.

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 167K Build date 11/18/1992
- K&N Panel filter, Tokico Struts, Eibach Springs, Dynomax cat-back, Holley
190lph fuel pump, FPS rebuilt ATX, 26mm rear sway bar, Performance-Plus
Stainless Steel Y-pipe, Delrin sub-frame bushings, Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
oil, Amsoil Synthetic ATF.
'00 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L V8 AWD Oxford White Clearcoat 34K Build date
11/19/1999
- Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 oil, K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://www.paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm

Get $5 free from Paypal! https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=P3XEFFBFUFKN6