[Shotimes] Brake Parts - '95 MTX

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:26:36 -0800

> Year for year, the caliper is the same on both SLO's and SHO's. The piston
> inside the caliper is interchangeable between the two and you can upgrade
> SLO caliper to the steel piston if desired. While all SHO's came with the
> steel piston, not all SLO's came with the phenolic one (the calipers I
> bought off a '98 Sable had the steel pistons).

Great!  Another thing for me to be worried about since I just recently
installed some rebuilt front calipers! : )

Out of curiosity, what are the benefits to a steel vs phenolic piston?  I
have no idea what my rebuilds came with...

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (I SHO U)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast)
NWSHOC Member