[Shotimes] Parking Brake Cable??

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:09:17 -0500

It sounds like you run into exactly the same problems I do!

My right rear brake was sticking, and I traced the problem back to the
cable.  Yes, only the right one was sticking.  It's not too hard at all
to replace the cable.  Temporarily, you could just unhook the right
cable from the caliper until you have time to fix it.  At least it
wouldn't drag and wear down your pads.

I had the same mysterious Brake light problem.  There's a little
"button" with spring right underneath the parking brake pedal.
Sometimes this gets stuck and the light won't come on.  Solution is to
lubricate the button (I think I used some WD-40) and work it back and
forth 'til it doesn't stick any more.  Easy fix.

Good luck, and drop me a line when you get back to Cincy.

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 163k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio
www.picturetrail.com/stevetatro

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Chris "Zap"
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 11:52 AM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Parking Brake Cable??

Okay, well upon further investigation it appears that there is a left
and right P-brake cable, so I thought I'd let everyone know that it is
possible apparently for one side to freeze up and not the other.  Out of
curiosity, does anyone know what causes the Parking Brake light to not
come on sometimes when the brake is applied?  I may have forgotten about
it a few times, yet I soon realize that its still deployed.  It's still
annoying that the light isn't consistent, and the same problem exists on
our '93 Sable as well and I never was able to figure out exactly what it
was.

Thanks,
Chris
'95 Emerald Green MTX