[Shotimes] David's car

D Potter jpotter8@bellsouth.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:02:27 -0500

He's a gearhead and you're getting him a 3.8L Taurus?  Oh, I guess you mean
that he'd like to be able to fix his car often. He'll get that with a used
3.8 alright.

If I had three boys those ages, I'd be looking at smaller cars!

DP

----- Original Message -----
From: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 12:00 AM
Subject: [Shotimes] David's car

> I have three sons, aged 12, 13, and 15.  For Christmas, the elder two are
getting computers.  The youngest one, David, whom some of
> you have met at SHO conventions, is getting a car.  That's right, at 12,
David is getting a car.

> It's a 1992 Taurus LX with 3.8L.  Crucial thing is, two airbags.  Snagged
it for $260.  It's in NE Philly, will need to get it home
> to La Crosse WI.  It's got a bad tranny.  I assume the head gaskets will
need to be done.  Otherwise it seems intact.  Check out
> eBay #1874921331.
>
> David and I had a long talk the other day.  We agreed that, as the
gearhead among the three boys, he was the one most likely to be
> willing and wanting to fix up his own car.  We agreed we'd work on it so
that it would be ready when he can drive it.  This Taurus
> is a car that he and I can prep together.  I look forward to wrenching
with him on his car.  Wait til he goes to school (6th grade)