ATX starting in 2nd was Re: [Shotimes] Gen2 ATX question

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:51:56 -0600

Oh yeah. Use it on the Mustang all the time, with such low gearing. 4.11's + 3 speed auto (shift-o-matic, green dot, early C-4) = not a real high top speed, but damned if you don't get there quick. Basically like having a power glide unless I want to really launch the thing.

Justin
92 SHO for a daily driver, 66 GT for fun, 85 F-150 for everything else

>>> Donald Mallinson <dmall@mwonline.net> 12/20/02 09:35AM >>>
Ford had for decades been known for this feature, although
most people have no idea it is there.  I first heard about
it in the 60's

GM NEVER had this option till just recently.  My wife's new
pickup will start in 2nd now if you select second gear.  In
slick conditions, this will really help you get around.

...snip...