Country Squire....was: RE: [Shotimes] David's car

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:28:27 -0800

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:46:15 -0800, Jim Ryan wrote:

> believe me I was NOT having wet dreams about
>owning my neighbors 1969 Ford LTD Country Squire station wagon with the fake
>wood paneling.

LOL!!!!

...quoting myself.....

Aw, Come On!!!!

1969 Country Squires aren't all that bad!!!   Yada Yada Yada!!!  Ha!

Actually, that was my first family car when I returned from Viet Nam in 1973.  Paid
1800 bucks for it on a lot in Oakland, Ca.  Had to fix the headlight doors, and
change all the fluids....the oils in the engine and tranny were BLACK.  The car ran
great...the only thing I had to do was put a tranny in it 50K miles later.  It ran
and ran and ran...429 2BBL premium fuel....got 20 mpg on the highway.  I had it
painted and replaced all the wood paneling...the transfers cost me 25 bucks each,
and I put them on myself, with soapy water and a squeegee.  It looked really nice
with its Chev truck forest green metalic and the wood panels.

Gone now, no pictures, but a good car.   More solid and definitely tougher in the
suspension than the '99 CV.

George