[Shotimes] David's car

Jeffrey Hall silversleepersho@yahoo.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:28:19 -0800 (PST)

yeah,  he might have those feelings like everyone else has better stuff.
my father did the same thing for me when i was young,  bought me a junker,  and told me i had to fix it up before i could drive it. it needed paint, paint,  and yes.. paint [rust] it was an '87 easter egg blue SLO
when i got done with it,  i knew full well that others kids at school were driving cars better than mine,  but i OWNED my car... it wasnt mummy or daddy letting my borrow it.  that sence [sp] alone would make any kid smile =) it did me.
joseph,  sounds like a great car you got your son,  and he'll be happy with it =)  im telling you right now,  i wish i could have worked on a car with my dad..  every moment ya spend means alot to him =)
*sappy mode off* =)
["sappy mode" (c) Don Mallinson]

~Jeff
 Jim Ryan <av8r567@optonline.net> wrote: Having his own car at 12 y/o may seem really cool now. But, 4-5 years from
now, when he's finally able to drive it, it may not seem so cool to have a
15 year old 4-door car when his friends will probably be driving something
newer and sportier.

When I got my license in 1984, believe me I was NOT having wet dreams about
owning my neighbors 1969 Ford LTD Country Squire station wagon with the fake
wood paneling. What I really wanted was a 1984 Corvette (still do). I
narrowed my realistic choices down to late 70s F-body and G-body cars. The
insurance for the Trans-Am was too much so I bought the Grand Prix.

James F. Ryan III
'91 Plus - white/mocha
temporarily living in Chicago, IL