[Shotimes] PIAA HID

Herman Anker heranker@rogers.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:06:33 -0500

PIAA is generally overpriced compared to Hella/Bosch/Valeo products.

HID do come OEM on many cars, and there are no downsides seen from the driver. However, they are 4100K (slightly bluer than stock halogen - 2500-3000K) and that is a color with good alround qualities. Many aftermarked HID of all kinds of various quality systems are bluer, dimmer, and as you say: alot of annoying reflections on wet surfaces. Many people judge HID system based on what they see on the street - alot of it is not OEM. If you have further interst, have a look at the bottom link - I have spend the last couple of years studying this topic.

--

'95 ATX  ~137 000 km
Mods&Service page: http://hanker.tripod.com/sho.htm