[Shotimes] suspension parts

James White greensho@crown.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 19:59:13 -0600

Went to the autozone.com website looking for a bargin on lower control arms
and tierod ends for the '93MTX.

The brands were Perfect Circle for the lower control arms ($74.99) and
Perfect Circle (17.99 inner 16.99 outer) and Rare Parts for the tierod ends.
Rare Parts were about double in price.

Was on e-bay trying to buy Jim Grubbs' TRW parts, but was out bid as they
got close to retail, which was more than the above.  At least he got a good
price for them and he deserves it for all of the work that he did to help
our SHO community.

Was wondering if anybody has had any expierence with the above brands?

One problem is that I am not sure just what will happen to this SHO.  With
276k on it I wonder just when it will finally poop out.  My youngest
daughter is driving it from home to school (her final year of engineering),
but she has a job lined up and will soon get a Mini Cooper.

Thinking that this would be the "winter beater", but with my luck a bearing
would spin on a winter night somewhere between Fargo and Bismark.  Don't
know what I going to do with it...  But it does need suspension work.
Should I go top dollar with TRW parts, or just be cheap?

Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   276k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   229k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO