[Shotimes] Can anyone solve this WEIRD problem? PLEASE HELP ME!! Thanks..

HomeboyNorm@aol.com HomeboyNorm@aol.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 04:37:39 EST

Hi folks,

I and my friend did an engine swap on his '89 SHO, and now we can't get the
lights, or anything else to work.. Not even the ignition..Absolutely DEAD! We
took out the high mileage long block for a lower mileage one out of a same
month manufactured '89.. Even the same color combination..

We are 99.9% sure that we had everything hooked up right (we've done SHO
swaps before), and the battery is brand new. Yes, it is holding a full
charge. The connections are on good and tight..I am getting 12 volts power at
one post of the starter relay, but not at the other...

All the fuses under the driver's dashboard are not burnt out. We checked a
few of the 'inline' fusible links in the engine bay, and every one that we
checked looked fine. (We still don't know which fusible link is the 'main'
fuse though).. There must be a mother of the all fusible links somewhere in
there that could have been shorted out..

Does any one on the list know how many fusible links an '89 have in its
engine bay, as well as which one is for what? We would like to know which one
is like the main one for the whole electrical system.. (My Chilton and Probst
books doesn't say)

THE BIG QUESTION:

Is there anybody who have experienced the same problem, and if so, what was
it?

PLEASE HELP US OUT, since we have our backs up against the wall.. Big time..
We are about to send it out to a shop for who knows how big of a bill..

Thanks, Norm

'89 red/grey SHO
'93 black/black MTX SHO
'93 red/grey ATX SHO (parting out)