[Shotimes] Drag Question

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:55:14 -0600

I usually just leave it in third and lift off the gas quick,
but not super quick.  No real shock to the system, think
about shifting gears as you get on an interstate with some
verve (how's that for an old word?).

The only problem letting the motor decellerate from high
rev's is if you have cat converters going bad, it could suck
some of the junk back into the motor.

If worried, just make a shift to fourth as soon as you cross
the line, then let off the gas.

It really isn't a big deal.  Main thing is to get off the
gas and GET SLOWED DOWN!  ;)

IT is amazing that I think more about punishing the brakes
at the drags from 94 mph (in my 89) than I do hitting them
at 120 at a road course!

Don Mallinson