[Shotimes] Drag Question

shewitt5656@cs.com shewitt5656@cs.com
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 07:38:40 -0500

Here is a question for y'all.  My first experience dragging was down at Mason-Dixie.  It was lots of fun, and I finally figured out how to start without too much wheelspin or bogging.  Had to do it by ear, not tach...

But I was always stumped on how to let off on the gas at the end of the 1/4.  I would slowly let off the throttle the first few times - but I was right at the top end of third gear, so I was running at about 6000 RPM or so.  Didn't seem right.  The rest of the day I would finish and then depress the clutch, quickly pop it in neutral, and coast - but it seemed like a big shock to the drivetrain.

What is the suggested method for letting off the throttle?

Scot H
95 Red MTX - 66k
Lewiston, NY