[Shotimes] Re: ICR - Not the problem.... need help!!

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:09:54 -0800

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 06:56:41 +0000, Brandyn Dykstra wrote:

>A while ago my car died, as most of us are used to by now. I couldn't
>hear the fuel pump, so I started with the Integrated Control Relay (past
>experience).

How bright is the CE light?  Is it dimmer than the air bag light?  If so, the PCM is
not being powered by its separate power lead coming from the positive battery
terminal, or less likely, is not grounded through its separate ground wire to the
fender, just behind the battery (in Gen 1 cars).  This situation will cause the fuel
pump wiring through the IRCM to be unpowered.  If your car has replacement battery
terminal ends clamped onto the battery cables, they can cause a problem with the PCM
power......Believe me, it can!!

See my write-up on the FAQ.

The best clue is the dim CE light.

George and the Plus from Hell