[Shotimes] Bulbs behind speedo

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:00:05 -0500

You might check the SHOtimes FAQ, as there may be something there. I wrote
up something awhile back, but it's not in the personal archives. The Cliff's
Notes version is:

1. Remove kick plate under steering wheel to get to the lower 2 bolts of the
bezel, and remove them.

2. Remove top two bezel bolts by the speedo.

3. At this point, the whole bezel can be snapped out. Probably need to
unclip a couple of the accessory wires to get the bezel out of the way.

4. Remove 4 screws that hold the IP to the dash. IIRC, the bigger screws,
not all of the tiny ones.

5. Under the hood, pull the clip to disconnect the two halves of the speedo
cable (down below the m/c), and pull out the top section. This helps you get
the IP forward enough to unclip the speedo at the rear (unless you have very
thin, long fingers!!)

6. With the cable loosened, the IP can be pulled forward enough to
disconnect the speedo cable clip at the IP (clip release lever is toward the
passenger side, IIRC)

7. IP can then be pulled forward enough to see ALL of the bulbs screwed into
the back of it. AutoZone carries the bulbs. The size is listed in the owners
manual (I forget offhand.....#37 maybe??).

Not hard to do, after the first time, you can get it apart in 10-15 minutes.