[Shotimes] TRANNY HELP ASAP!

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:16:33 -0500

I got mine to shift well with the paper synchros and gear oil (not wanting
to get into THAT again!!), but I've noticed in cold weather, that the box is
balky when it sits at the airport all week. It's OK when it warms up, but
I'll probably start trying different fluids again next year. Tom Wallenhorst
had initial good luck with some GM MTX fluid, but I haven't heard a longer
term opinion.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Ron Nottingham
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 7:50 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] TRANNY HELP ASAP!

I bought a used 'box from Marcus Bechtel.  10k, 1 year, a ton of spirited
driving in the N. GA. mountains, all was fine.  Let it sit for about 5
weeks, 2nd gear synchros dried out :-(  Shifts fine once it warms up, and
the fluid gets flowing.  Under $500 invested, just popped it right in, no
R&R.  In the spring, I plan to drop it, do a complete R&R and Quaiffe.

I guess you can say the Ron's agree :-)

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO