[Shotimes] timing belt replacement continues

masho95@attbi.com masho95@attbi.com
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:27:36 +0000

well unfortunately i finished this up yesterday.  the
exhaust sounds like it's pulsating now, possibly from
off timing??  The cams can only be lined up in one
direction right at 12 o'clock? I mean there isn't an
exhaust and intake position right? (that'd be at 12 and
6 oclock right?)  Well possibly the only thing that I
can think of is that the engine wasn't at 0 degrees
BTDC when the belt was changed.  The mark on the crank
was lined up with the mark on the oil pump housing.  Is
there more than one position of the engine when that
mark is lined up? and if so what are they?  anyone have
a procedure for finding 0 degrees btdc for an engine
that doesn't have the correct timing? thanks alot