[Shotimes] Pink motor

Michael Mosbey shotimes@zbuffer.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:36:19 -0500

I feel silly noticing this so long after buying the car, but my 91 SHO
has a pink engine. The car had some hail damage, and the P.O. gave the
car a cheap 10-foot paint job of metallic red. I did notice the drop of
paint on one of the headlight pips, I noticed a heavy dollop of paint on
the yellow hood release. I'm only noticing today that the entire engine
bay has a pink, or even mauve cast from the paint mist. I guess it would
have been too much to stuff some newspaper under the hood...
Any ideas on getting the crap off? Also any pointers fellow listers may
have developed on detailing the SHO engine bay would be helpful.
Thanks,
-mike