[Shotimes] Pink motor

John Phillis jphillis68@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:06:36 -0400

usually if ever I was to get overspray on anything, I would use a solution
of 5 star #5900 and DR -01170.  usually one to one in a spray bottle, and
just let it soak just long enough then wipe it off with a cloth soaked in
the same.  of course, on plastic pieces, you must be careful not to let the
plastic melt or warp. after applying, use a dry rag to buff it off
completely, very quickly...   that shoudl take care of any red haze.  as for
the rest of the engine compartment, a good recon supplier shoudl be able to
get you some scrubbing bubbles, so you don't need any of that rare and
costly elbow grease. another good alternative to a no scrub formula from
walmart or advance auto is purple "Super Clean" from Castrol. it comes in
spray bottles and the 1 gal refills.  it's really really potent stuff.
takes the skin off yoru fingers. just douse everything with that, then get
lots of rags and scrub brushes and go to town on everything.  the key to a
nicely detailed engine bay is to make sure you give attantion to every
single piece. lots of time and energy. step back from it a lot, and put
bright lights on it. you'll see somethi you missed every time you step back.
work in sections, break it up, and then go all around it.  I have detailed
engines and cars for many many years, prior to owning a bodyshop. but anyhow
my $0.02.

John Phillis