[Shotimes] PLEASE help me diagnose problem!

Brian E. Harris sho-sc@sho-sc.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

When it rains, it pours, I guess.

First up, with the '92:

Ricer that I work with and I were out dinking around, and doing burnouts.
At one point, I dropped the clutch, and nothing happened, other than the
revs hit the limiter, and the clutch got stinky.

Car still seems to drive fine, and clutch still seems to work just fine,
save for the stinky clutch smell.

During that same time, it appears I flexed something wrong, and the
exhaust has a leak in it now, that causes my car to sound like my
co-worker's CRX+fartpipe.

Any ideas?

Next, with the '93:

The weird growly/rumbly/rattly noise apparently is the AC compressor or
something.  It stops making the noise if you turn off the defroster, or
you rev the engine higher.  This noise doesn't happen at highway speeds.

Next, I have smoke coming from that area (belts, etc).  Can't tell if it's
oil or belt smoking...

I've also been fighting with a charging problem, which may simply mean
it's time for a new alternator...the car seemed to hold a charge from
driving, but after jumpstarting it again today, and driving for a while,
when I parked it (and a good quantity of smoke started coming from the
belts area), I shut it off, then tried to start it, and it has absolutely
NO power.

Haven't yet attempted to restart it.

Any ideas?

-bh