[Shotimes] Oil in the plug tubes, etc.

Ron Childs rchildssho@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:29:28 -0700

Cha-Ching

I think you can save a bundle on both parts and labor. Check with
fordpartsnetwork.com for prices on plugs and wires. There is a Fel-Pro
gasket set that someone can get you the number for that includes plug well
seals and valve cover gaskets. I believe it is in the $60 - $80 range from
Autozone. The valve cover gaskets are often reusable but you may as well get
the kit.

With practice, some claim to be able to remove the intake in 20 min. I would
allow an hour or two each for removal and replacement for your first time.
It involves no rocket science and there is no reason to pay a shop $700 to
do this. The only non-standard tool I can think of is a hex head socket for
the valve cover screws. There are many on this list who have done this many
times and can offer you all of the support you need. Also, read the
appropriate sections of Shotimes.com for familiarization and do not hesitate
to ask us for help with any issues that may arise.

-Ron Childs   '91