[Shotimes] N20 jetting question

Mark Nunnally manunnal@netheaven.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 00:50:37 -0400

>Mark  told me on his NOS kit he uses a .36 & .42 jetting, I believe he said
this
> makes 100hp. According to ZEX's website though 100hp <on a 5.0 mustang
kit> is
> .46 & .40  I'm not sure which to use. I can buy new jets from ZEX for
about $3
> a piece. Any advice??

    Matt the 36n42f jetting is worth about 70 hp, this combo/ratio is for
NOS kits though, ZEX uses a different ratio for fuel/main jet.  The main
jets really tell the power output, a ZEX running a .040" main and a NOS kit
running a .040" main will make about the same power, you just use different
size fuel jets between the 2 kits to get enough fuel there.
    Email Tom W. about ZEX jet combo's, he's fooled around with them on his
SHO, has about the quickest ATX I've heard of (mid 13's).  Run's as high as
a .043" main I believe, one day I'll get real brave and try that!  That's
gotta make a truck-load of torque.

FWIW I've only gone as high as a .040" main, which makes great torque and
has been perfectly reliable for me.  Car has run a best of 109+ mph with
that set-up.

Actually just got a EH'd intake w/ BBB's on the 89 tonight, borrowed from
Josh T's blower car.  Hoping to test it this weekend or next, n/a I can feel
a difference above 5k.  It really pulls hard above 5k now.  Hoping to crack
110 w/ it.

mark