[Shotimes] N20 jetting question

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:17:32 -0400

Sounds like bad advice.  Zex and NOS jets are not the same and their
combos for the same HP are different.  Call them and ask them what you
need.  ZEX most likely has more experience with their product than
anyone else.  I don't mean for this to sound like a dig against Mark,
but his experience is probably only with NOS.  Maybe Tom W can answer
your question best, I think hes running a 100 shot on his 93.

Bill Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Paul L Fisher
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 11:09 PM
To: Matt Mullis
Cc: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] N20 jetting question

Go with what Mark says. He has more nitrous SHO experience than ZEX
does.

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 166K Build date 11/18/1992
- K&N Panel filter, Tokico Struts, Eibach Springs, Dynomax cat-back,
Holley
190lph fuel pump, FPS rebuilt ATX, 26mm rear sway bar, Performance-Plus
Stainless Steel Y-pipe, Delrin sub-frame bushings, Amsoil Series 2000
0W-30
oil, Amsoil Synthetic ATF.
'00 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L V8 AWD Oxford White Clearcoat 34K Build date
11/19/1999
- Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 oil, K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit
'96 Saturn SL2 Silver Plum 5 spd 123K
- Amsoil Synthetic ATF, K&N Panel Filter, Magnecor 7mm Electrosports 70
Ignition Cables

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm

Quoting Matt Mullis <svtmatty@bellsouth.net>:

> Hey guys, I'm running a ZEX kit with 75hp jets currently. I've spoken
> with
> Mark N. several times about Nitrous on this car <1990 MTX SHO> and he
> recommends a 100hp shot after a few modifications are made. The only
> problem
> is that ZEX tops out at 75hp on their import kits <the one I bought>.
> Mark
> told me on his NOS kit he uses a .36 & .42 jetting, I believe he said
> this
> makes 100hp. According to ZEX's website though 100hp <on a 5.0 mustang
> kit> is
> .46 & .40  I'm not sure which to use. I can buy new jets from ZEX for
> about $3
> a piece. Any advice??
>
> 1990 SHO
> Centerforce Stage II dual friction clutch
> SS y-pipe w/ high flow cats
> walker dual exhaust
> rod shifter conversion
> custom intake using stock air box w/ K&N panel filter
> Viper tires <pretty crappy I think>
> ZEX N20 kit at 75hp shot
>
> BEST TIME!!    9.55@79mph   how lame is that!! I've gotta get some
good
> drag
> radials!! ANYONE SELLING 15" Drag RADIALS??!!??
>
> Turbo Matty P

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---