[Shotimes] 76mm MAF with 19# injector calibration?

Cohiba cohiba@super-ford.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:48:41 -0700

Just FYI, I installed the C&L 76mm (with Mustang 5.0 19#/hr sample tube) a
couple days ago with my stock electronics.  Absolutely no problems.  The
engine really seems to gain RPMs fast above 4500 now.  Hopefully I'll be
able to get on the wideband O2 at my buddy's dyno shop and make sure that
everything is still where it should be.  I honestly think the engine feels a
bit smoother, and more responsive.  I'll try to get some numbers on paper to
back it up...

I talked to the owner of C&L today, Lee Bender... very nice, knowledgable
guy.  He told me the 76mm actually has it's own SHO sample tube (called a
"clear" tube), although it's not listed in any catalogs yet.  He says that
it makes more power by slightly leaning out the a/f mixture.  He assured me
they have dyno-tested with wideband O2 to make sure a/f ratios stay safe.
He also said that the mustang 5.0 tube ("Yellow") would make the SHO just on
the rich side of stock, as per their dyno tests.  We talked for about 1/2
hour and I asked him lots of questions about his MAFs, and assuming my dyno
tests come back with favorable air/fuel ratios, I will highly recommend the
C&L 76mm to SHO owners.

Gary
http://users.superford.org/cohiba