[Shotimes] SHOpping

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:00:08 -0700

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:09:49 -0500, Barry Freese wrote:

>Price will probably keep me in a 1st or 2nd Gen SHO.  ('Though I lust after
>the electronic suspension.)
>
>I'd prefer a stick but that wouldn't stop me from getting the right auto
>car.
>
>Sunroof would be nice but that wouldn't stop me...
>
>I favor lighter colors which I think are safer, though my current SHO is
>blue.  "Arrest me red" would be my least preferred color.

I just got an additional '89, to join another '89, one of which is definitely for sale.
The other one could be, too, for the right price.  89's don't fit me....I'm too tall, and
my daughter would rather have the non ratchetting seatbelts that came in the '90s and
newer.  (I found I couldn't drive the first one comfortably (without cruise) after I got
it, and my daughter told me about the seatbelt thing after I got the second one.)

Both run very well..one is all there mechanically except for the cruise control.  That
one is being loaned currently to a potential buyer.  The other needs the a/c compressor
replaced, but everything else is good (so far), including cruise and aftermarket CD deck.
 Both are titanium, with titanium interior.  One set of front seats is brand new, all the
rest of the seats need work.  Both have moonroofs.  The one without cruise I need $2900
for, since I fixed the a/c, heater core, and seats, (if the new seats go with
it..subtract $500 if they don't).  I'm still taking a slight loss with it.  The other one
hasn't been touched yet, and could be cheaper, though you'd need to fix the a/c.

They both need paint...the all there one needs it worse.  The cheaper one could use the
roof and deck lid redone, then it would survive for a while.

George