[Shotimes] !!!!!Confirmed SVT(Roush) SHO!!!!

Ryan M. Dudek rmdudek@mindspring.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:20:44 -0400

Strange.  Dave Sulhan who used to own a V8 SHO and was on this list works in
the SVT division for Ford.  Talked with him at length about future SVT
vehicles (btw, even with SVT being merged with the other Ford Motorsport
Divisions, actual Ford vehicles will retain an SVT designation) and
specifically asked about the Taurus.  He said that there are ZERO plans for
anything SVT Taurus related and reminded me that the model is a lame duck,
being phased out in the next year.  However at this stage, SVT has no plans
of touching the Crosstrainer/Freestyle/Whatever the hell they're calling it
these days or the 500.  It won't sell, they won't do it.
FWIW, Roush does do custom work for people that want it done.  My friend has
a Dodge Avenger with a full Roush built motor in it.  Very possible that
someone with a new body Taurus has them working on their car.  Something
about having enough money makes anything possible?

Ryan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noah South III" <RaggTopp@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 7:07 PM
Subject: [Shotimes] !!!!!Confirmed SVT(Roush) SHO!!!!

> Well it's official, my friend was delivering stuff to the Roush building
in Southfield, and he saw with his own eyes a current model Taurus with SVT
& SHO badges that was being worked on and modified.  Amongst the
modifications he could see were ground effects and a SUPERCHARGER!!!  Oh boy
this gets me excited.  In the next bay over there was also a Marauder 5.4
that was being torn down, so it looks like there will be a Roush modified
Marauder coming out too.  I couldn't tell you why there was an SVT badge on
the vehicle, but it WAS there.