[Shotimes] !!!!!Confirmed SVT(Roush) SHO!!!!

James White greensho@crown.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 20:20:17 -0500

The news is hopeful!  But don't hold your breath!

Ford lets its' engineers and R & D staff do all sorts of things, mainly in
the name of research.  And lets them do all sorts of things to a normal
Ford.

Just after the SHO came out in '89, I was selling in Michigan and stopped at
a Holiday Inn in Southfield to use the facilities. There were no less than
12 SHOs in the parking lot, all test mules with various kinds of
instrumentation.  Wires cut through the bodies to computers and gauges
inside.  Weird!

Seems as if Ford was having a meeting on an early retirement plan for its
engineers, and most of them were driving SHOs.

A few years later, while driving my '93 SHO up Telegraph Road. I got into a
stoplight drag with a Lincoln Town Car. Again it had lots of added gauges.
And I lost big-time!  That puppy must have had 400+ HP!  With an ear to ear
grin, than engineer absolutely left me in his dust!

Would like to think that Ford is still thinking about performance sedans
with the Ford Badge that are still affordable, but for some reason, I doubt
it.

Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   275k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   222k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO